return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: some questions on candoia

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: viper8red at Fri Mar 27 16:00:52 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by viper8red ]  

I understand these snakes have a slow metabolism, and eat less often than most... does that mean they also grow slowly? how active are they?

Candoia seem like some kind of undiscovered treasure. They are very beautiful and yet very few seem to be keeping them, even though it sounds like they are pretty easy to maintain. They aren't even expensive... I wonder why they haven't caught on...

I don't know if I made it clear, before, but they are a very inactive snake and you will probably never see them roaming around their cage. 99% of the time you seem they will be still, but if you peak in they are likely to move, bury their head or shy away. With famaliarity they get very used to being picked up and do not fear it much.

In my opinion they are the best snake, and the only breed of snake I still keep and i've kept rosy boas, dumerils, kingsnakes, amazon tree boas, and garters.

The average viper boa goes around 50-90$ and they very quite a bit in color from light, almost white to near pitch black and of course the very unique red.

and of course they do look a little like the Cottonmouth, but only in appearance. Viper Boa's are of course, non-venemous.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: They do vary in color... - SRX, Fri Mar 27 18:29:33 2009

<< Previous Message:  some questions on candoia - saikyan, Wed Mar 18 11:58:20 2009