return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Female on Female Agression

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brakordestructor at Wed Mar 25 17:07:01 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brakordestructor ]  

In anticipation of this year’s breeding season, I have placed 2 female crested geckos together in an enclosure. In the past I have kept all of the ciliatus in separate tubs, and this is the first time I have attempted to house 2 females together. They were both introduced to a completely new tub set up, and within 20 minutes they were fighting. The older of the two was the aggressor, and was biting the crest area of the other. This continued for a minute or so with some barking and vocalization that followed. Since then (2 days ago) I have been watching closely and it doesn’t seem as if there have been anymore acts of violence. I’m haven’t seen the younger of the 2 eating and she seems to be sticking to one small area of the enclosure.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experience with female aggression in certain individuals, or if this is fairly normal.

Also is there a better way to introduce multiple females together.

BTW..These 2 females have been sharing a screen enclosure that I had split in half using a screen panel, so they have been living very close to each other, with just a single layer of screen separating them.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Female on Female Agression - PHLdyPayne, Fri Mar 27 17:22:09 2009