return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The Ultimate facepalm(had a lucy)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snapping Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: futureboabreeder at Mon May 11 22:37:56 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by futureboabreeder ]  

he looked like this

http://forums.kingsnake.com/reply.php?action=reply&id=1689836,1690102&catid=34

his shell and head were a little dark, leaning more towards dark orang/light brown... still very stunning.

There are two creeks and one marsh land not even a mile away from the pond I let him go in. Going to buyt turtle traps for each and just keep trapping turtles this season until I find him, or till I don't.

The one creek has TONS of commons in it... Really muddy and very shallow in alot of areas, caught two huge comons a fews years back there. Was somewhat surprised to find them both with twenty feet of each other, till I looked at the tails and guesstimated each to be of different sex, possibly about to mate. Kept em in a kiddy pool in my back yard for a couple of weeks, fed em, let them out to walk around ect...

Theres just something about these guys that interests me immensly, their behaviore and what not. Like to catch em, observe them for w hile and set them free.

One day I came out to the kiddy pool and saw one on top of the other and att it trying to dominate it in an odd way, got scared and broke em up... then read up about those behaiors(mating?) and let them go in the same spot the next day.

Let three pretty big wild caught snappers(one of them being huge) go in the same creek last night, me and my cousins walked the creek jus to check it out and there were tracks EVERYWHERE along the mud.

Theres something about this creek that draws snappers in, maybe the big carp that struggle through the shallows I've seen at times. Being that this creek is only about 2 hundred yeards away form the bond I released him in, and snapers seem to thrive there, I got my fingers crossed.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: The Ultimate facepalm(had a lucy) - futureboabreeder, Mon May 11 22:39:18 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: The Ultimate facepalm(had a lucy) - retaks13mac, Sun May 10 15:27:41 2009