return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help with WC Saharan

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uromastyx ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Paradon at Fri May 15 02:05:27 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Paradon ]  

All your diet seems to be good. It looks like you've done your research. I too supplement my yearling and the baby Uro with calcium supplement at least everyday and multivitamin 3 to 4 times a week. Note: I only use little pinch of multivitamin and calcium supplement as too much supplement is even worst than too little. I also provide them with high protein food like parsnips, peas, and lentils. I buy frozen peas from supermarket and thaw it out in a strainer under running hot water. Before I serve the peas, I mash it a little bit with the fork, so they can digest them better this way. I've seen some ate whole peas and passing them through whole. That's why I suggested mashing them first. For the lentils you can serve them to the Uro the same way it comes in a bag. I just put some dried lentils in a little dish for them to snack on all day long and my Uros pick at it all the time. For the parsnips, I grate them on a cheese grater which seems to get it into the serving pieces I want, and it easy for them to eat. You can use vegetable grater that is part of the food processor if you like. That would work, too.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Help with WC Saharan - waldo, Thu May 14 17:52:05 2009