return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: lighting issue?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frilled Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: frillwill at Mon Jun 8 20:07:44 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by frillwill ]  

I do not plan on putting my younger frillies with my boy. I have a custom cage my larger is going in as soon as I secure all of the wood on the sides( basking ledges at different temps to help him regulate temps as well as just looks). No it was not a compact but a tube(36 inch repti glo 10.0) , had problems with the compact as well. I changed out the light not long before his eye was giving him problems. I have read things about the light. When I changed to the mvb he stoped closing his eye. Vision does not seem 100% in the one eye. Jo Bhu has been in my care for about a year and I know how he acts.and looks. He has never looked at me with a wink so I feel it is his eye. I am not just being paranoid, my frill is a beast to his roaches and acted as if he did not see them on the one side. When I put them on his other side he perked up and attacked. I believe I may have figured out the bulb issue but have still heard bad things about the bul itself, without my folly. I accidentally changed his fixture as well. The one he had prior had no reflective backing( which double uvb output), he also does not have a lid on his aquarium( which cuts it in half, which might of fixed my problem). I do not use a lid because he does not like it. Yes maybe once every three month he may go out to go to sleep (always beside the tv in my room),but stays put in the daytime. I am shocked I did not think about the fixture before. I would like to know what the person that questioned my "bulb problem" thinks it may be. I am not trying to be rude. If it was something else I am always up for suggestions. Sorry it has been so long since I responded( computer is iffy). Thank you for the responses.
William Davis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: lighting issue? - Daniel J, Sun Jun 7 16:04:52 2009