at Sat Jun 27 19:13:55 2009 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by terryo ]
I have housed my Three Toed and my Cherry Head in a planted vivarium since they were both 3 weeks old. They are two years old now and are outside for the summer together also. In the fall they will both come in again into the same vivarium. The both need the same requirements...same heat...same humidity. After being told on another forum, that they shouldn't be together, I separated them. The boxie couldn't care less. My Redfoot stopped eating and was clearly stressed...circled the viv almost all day until he was exhausted. This went on for 4 days and finally he went into his hide and didn't come out for another two days. Finally I gave in and put the boxie back into the viv. He went back to his old self and everything was fine. He actually follows her around like a puppy, and will go into the same hide even though they have two in their enclosure. When I do eventually put the boxie outside for good in another year I will have to get another cherry head for him. As for personalities, the boxie is more outgoing, and has much more personality. The tortoise is shyer but sweet just the same.
[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]
- Diet, Housing, Lighting..My Experience! - lizzettebarcel, Wed Jun 17 18:52:54 2009 *HOT TOPIC*
- RE: Diet, Housing, Lighting..My Experience! - tortlemon, Thu Jun 18 06:02:33 2009
- RE: Diet, Housing, Lighting..My Experience! - maxmommy, Mon Jun 22 10:04:24 2009
- RE: Diet, Housing, Lighting..My Experience! - lizzettebarcel, Mon Jul 6 08:48:38 2009
- RE: Diet, Housing, Lighting..My Experience! - meeslither, Wed Jul 15 10:41:10 2009