return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Any chance of success???

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: woodsracer at Thu Jul 9 17:11:48 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by woodsracer ]  

Last night cleaning cages my daughter noticed follicles when she was putting back one of our females. I had noticed she was a little thicker the last couple days, but didn't think much of it. So anyway, I felt her and you could definitely feel follicles, or she swallowed a string of good sized pearls. So, put a male in with her, no immediate interest, so added another male. Left them alone and today found the initial male courting and he looks locked up, but I can't confirm by how they're laying. Removed the second male and snapped a quick pic. Not a great pic, just something to document things with. The female is noticeably darker than normal and has been for about a week. So, the males haven't been recently cycled or anything and neither has the female, but obviously she's developing anyway. Do you think there's any chance of success not getting a male in with her until noticing the follicles at what seems like a time when they're pretty well developed? I did have a BCI female with the same situation and I put in a male and she successfully ovulated just 2 days later, but I've never bred any Candoia. If nothing else, I hope to catch her ovulation so I can document a gestation timeline even if she slugs out. Any opinions or similar experience? All info is appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Any chance of success??? - Helenthereef, Wed Jul 15 20:51:28 2009