return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Toad got his back legs hurt

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Toads ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BillsIggys at Thu Sep 3 09:04:46 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BillsIggys ]  

Over the past month or two at the place I work I have noticed a small toad in front of the door entrance to my shop. I work midnight shift and he would be careful and not get in the way of people coming and leaving! He would stay off to the side. He would catch the insects that were attracted to the windows. I got to feeding him meal worms and he would gobble them down. I was concerned he might get stepped on and hurt or killed. Well today it happened! After I fed him his worms. I went and let him be! But before I got off work I discovered him over in the corner. His poor hind legs were hurt and bloody. He can not hop with them! He either got stepped on or the slidding door got his back legs! What can I do to doctor his wounds? What is safe to use? I would like to nurse him back to health and let him go outside in my back yard. He is a southern toad, American toad. I am from Florida! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Bill

-----
Our Desert Iguanas

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Help ID ~ American or Southern? - SurfinSerpents, Thu Sep 17 20:37:27 2009
<< Previous topic:  Housing Colorado River Toads with others - Joleena, Sat Aug 29 16:46:33 2009