return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

New AFT Gecko!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Fat-tailed Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: krkraum at Mon Sep 14 16:03:58 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by krkraum ]  

Went to the reptile show on my break from work yesterday with my wife and just happened to win a complete exo-terra cage setup so we decided we had to take something new home to fill this empty cage... And now we have our new male
"tangerine" AFT. His bands are a more exaggerated orange color than normal, however unfortunately he is going into shed today so a picture wouldn't do him any justice.

Anyways, I am having trouble finding a source for information on AFT's like I do for my bearded dragon (beardeddragon.org) so if any of you guys could point me in the right direction or post your personal opinions in the form of a care sheet, I would appreciate it. Also wondering, is the fatter, short stocky tail a sign that they have regenerated their tail, since I see all of these other fat tails that look more like leopard geckos. I was under the impression that this is what made them AFT's but I read something somewhere that gave me the impression that they look almost identical structure wise unless they have dropped their tails and then they will have the fat knobby tail.

It seems that a summary that I've mentally compiled of how they should be kept is:

Drop down to 75-82 at night
between 82 and 90 during the day

Keep at least a humid hide if not keeping the humidity of the entire cage up.

They need a water dish

juveniles should be fed every other day, and adults should be fed a few times a week.

mist cage once daily

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Congratulations on the new fattie - PHEve, Fri Sep 18 18:19:46 2009