return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

A note to self...somewhat funny.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morelia Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SouthernSerpent at Sun Sep 27 21:37:45 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SouthernSerpent ]  

This happened today during the early afternoon here. I had been working on cage maintainence for a few hours today. It also coincidentally happens to be my wife and my first wedding anniversary. I skipped the breakfast that was offered. I skipped the snuggling and cuddling in bed. I am the type of person who takes things a little too seriously sometimes. I also am the type that when something strikes me as needing to be done, well, I do it. That's why I was cleaning cages and so forth. I had done about five cages so far, and was working on the custom cage I had built for my two jcp. One is a dream to handle, and the other...well is slightly angry to say the least. I had the two out and in a closed tub while I worked dilligently on their cage. I had finally gotten out all the old substrate and waste. The cage sits on the floor and is about three and a half feet high. As I went to stand up with the litter pan, I scraped my forehead against the edge of where the double doors seat. I muttered a few expletives and eyeballed the edge for a brief moment before going to check the damage to myself. I succeeded in removing a patch of flesh roughly the width of a quarter and about the length of a fifty cent piece. Upon finishing up the cage and replacing said snakes, I went to get sympathy, and got very little...note to self, don't pass up on breakfast and cuddling and snuggling to tend to cage cleaning. I glanced the cage over once more and thought...note to self, when building the next cage, use the router and make the edges rounded to avoid further mishap. Above all, see first note to self.
-----
1.0 100% het albino columbian
0.1 pastel columbian
0.1 hypo columbian
0.1 guyana
0.1 surinam
0.2 jcp
1.0 irian jaya
1.1.1 normal balls
1.0 granite al burm
0.1 granite het al burm
0.1 albino burm
1.0 sunfire retic
0.2 tiger retics

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A note to self...somewhat funny. - BuzzardBall, Mon Sep 28 08:16:17 2009