return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Odd question for those that use mice

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Toads ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JackAsp at Wed Sep 30 23:14:29 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JackAsp ]  

Not pinkies, but actual furred mice.. what does the stool look like afterward? I've had my marinus for about two and half years and normally just feed her roaches and hornworms, and I'm used to a blackish mess in the water bowl full of pieces of roach exoskeleton. But recently I had a couple of extra feeder mice thawed out that nobody wanted, so I tossed them into her food dish as a treat. Tonight, I noticed two moist, fibrous reddish-brown things in her terrarium. The fact that they were on land was odd, and so was everything else about them. The fiber is too fine to be substrate, so I assume it's hair. It has neither the meat smell that a snake regurge has nor the toilet smell that her stool normally has, so basicaly I'm just trying to figure out which end it came out of and if it sounds normal.
-----
0.1 2006 Western Hognose (Bebe)
0.1 age unknown Cane Toad (Hengo)
0.1 2005 White-Banded Sheen Skink (Minerva)
1.0 2006 Northern Diamondback Terrapin (Queequeg)
1.0 2006 Madagascan Speckled "Hognose" (Sigmund)
1.0 2008 Bullsnake (Winkle)
1.2 2008 Eastern Collared Lizards (Pancho, Lupe, and Chica)
2.0 2009 Eastern Collared Lizards (Cesar and Nino)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Odd question for those that use mice - biggerthnu43, Thu Mar 25 20:33:34 2010