return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How do you tell?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Green Tree Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rantcaseyisgod at Sat Jan 2 21:05:41 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rantcaseyisgod ]  

The differences between ETP's and GTP's are, in some cases succinct, yet with careful observation are rather obvious and present.

The first indicator is in the markings. ETP's always have some series of thick white diamonds splotches running down their spines. Green Trees do not always have this quality, and even if they do happen to have white markings down their backs, they are not as defined as an Emerald's are. Emeralds also tend to have yellow underbellies, something GTP's do not have.

The second big indicator for me is the head. Emerald's are extremely bull headed. Their facial scales are thicker and less frequent than a Green, as well as having more heat-pits. An Emerald has two rows - below and above the mouth, rounding to the front of the snout, while a Green will only have one row below the mouth, rounding to the snout to form very thin and long heat pits. The Emerald, referencing back to their bull headedness, has wider and more masculine heat pits.
-----
Adam

"I wish I were wise! I wish I were wise from the heart of me, like my serpent!"

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  How do you tell? - mrtigger, Mon Nov 9 10:05:27 2009