return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cornball, can it be done?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hybrid Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: H_nasicus at Mon Nov 30 08:19:53 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by H_nasicus ]  

""Just because an adult shouldn't rape a child, doesn't mean they can't. Sure it's a little extreme, but you get my point?"

Your point being...? "

My point was that your argument of that one-liner like that, was quite frankly, pathetic. It puts others in the mindset that since they -can- do something, then they also -should- do that. I apologize if I wasn't forward enough with that, I was tired when I posted. Like I stated in the post after, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Is breeding a cornball ethical, well sure, I guess if you wanna argue that, I wont fight it. But logical? No, not really.

" never owned a hybrid in my life, and I doubt I ever will. Does this make me a better person than someone who does?

No, it doesn't."

My comment was never about -owning- hybrids, it was about the pointless breeding of two perfectly good seperate snake species. Not to mention how messed up it would be with the genetic differences between the two...I dont give a flying monkey if you want to own a hybrid, or never do. I was arguing against the -breeding- of the two species...it just seems really pointless to me, and thus illogical.

"Also, I never molested a child, and I'm quite sure I never will. Does this make me a better person than a child molester?

Yes, it actually does.

You see? There's a difference."

Sure, of course there is. For one, I mentioned that yes, it was a very extreme example, and used it really only to point out the flaw and childish feel of your argument. That and I never said I felt it ws un-ethical to create hybrids, just illogical, where as it -is- un-ethical to rape children (in my opinion of course, but probably not in the opinion of child molesters...).
-----
1.0 Western Hognose

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cornball, can it be done? - aspidites, Thu Dec 3 18:05:18 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: Cornball, can it be done? - Evil_Hybrid, Mon Nov 30 02:37:51 2009