return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: I told you so..................

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sprovstgaard at Mon Dec 21 23:09:04 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sprovstgaard ]  

Ah, Vichris how nice it must be to be able to sit in your ivory tower and pass such wide sweeping and wise judgment on thousands of snake owners. How great it must be to have the knowledge and foresight to know without any shadow of a doubt that I should not have the right to keep the snakes that I find interesting and have kept for years and years and spent thousands and thousands of dollars on to properly house, feed, and maintain. Over all of these years I never saw the gross negligence and error of my ways. I for one applaud your thoughtful, poignant insight based on what must be a vast reservoir of knowledge that could have only come from years and years of hands on experience and knowing all of us no good, low down large snake keepers hell bent on the destruction of the hobby. Only someone with your omniscience could see the audacity of people such as myself who with little intelligence and major personality flaws allow themselves to be involved in such a completely irresponsible, underhanded, low brow activity as the keeping of large constrictors. Up until your sage wisdom was so humbly set forth I was completely unaware that these animals were in the same league as elephants and tigers. And this even after several years working in the zoo field with large cats such as tigers, leopards, cheetah, and lynx. Yes, you are right and me, I am wrong. Your scholarly approach to the facts and wide ranging research has shown us all that yes, these animals, the very ones we have been keeping for years have, all along, been far more dangerous then the one or less deaths per year would have had us believe. It couldn’t possibly be the fault of the one or two people that keep their snakes in aquariums with a quilt for a lid, hand feed their large snakes, or medicate them alone. You are right it is my fault, and you are right we should be saved from ourselves by the government who has never been wrong in the past and who themselves, much as yourself, can be expected to use ironclad logic, and hard science to save the country from being overran by ecosystem destroying, children eating, slimy, lidless creatures from the deep green equatorial regions of the netherworld (and of course, the people who love them). Yes, yes I see it now, 1 1 truly does equal 3. Logic and truth. Truth and logic. Vichris, you truly are the master of both and I for one completely applaud your sage wisdom.
Shane

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  I told you so.................. - vichris, Sun Dec 20 23:42:07 2009