return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: OWNER OF NERD.......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: varanid at Sat Dec 26 02:09:59 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by varanid ]  

dog owners are far more common that snake owners, and i (I) bet if you crunched the CDC numbers the amount would be proportional to each other
.If that's the case, then why ban snakes and not dogs?

and if you digged (dug) even further you'd probabely (probably) discover that people who keep and breed large constrictor receive very bad bites 100% of the time, escape of snakes from their inclosures (enclosure) would also be 100%.

So you think every body who keeps large boids gets a bad bite from a large boid? Huh? I've *never* had a major bite from a large boid. Large dogs, yes. Dogs that weren't mine, yes. A pet bird, yes. A monitor, yes. A large boid? Nope. Or do you mean 100% of medically meaningful bites come from large boids? That might be accurate, but EVEN THEN you have to compare them to the number of people that keep boids. Clear up your statement, and go ahead and get those states. Find me how many people go to the hospital every year for snake bites, ok? Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind. After that, we can discuss how those compare to the number of people that keep snakes. And 100% getting out of cages? That's an idiotic statement. Escapes happen with all species...I've never had a big snake get out of it's cage. I have had small ones escape a few times though. Baby corns...ugh, they can get out of the smallest holes.

fact is dogs dont bite people because they are hungry... they do it for protection... large constrictors also bite in defense but also bit to kill and EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you are unlucky enough to encounter a hungry retic and it bites you and throws coils around you the chances are ITS TRYING TO KILL YOU.
You know, when I lived near Denver, there was a lady killed and eaten by her neighbors rotties. Just munched her down. Amazingly gruesome. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the animals intent is if it kills you. You're still dead.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: OWNER OF NERD....... - jinx666999, Fri Dec 25 22:07:49 2009