return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
$50 banner pool - click here

EXACTLY................................

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: vichris at Sun Jan 3 23:12:46 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vichris ]  

>>Very well stated, and thus why we are losing the battle. Until we can convince people that snakes are like little kittens we are just pi....ing in the wind. It is not the "facts" that are killing us, but the "public relations and image."
>>
>>Dan

It's your image that is killing you. And that is exactly what I have repeated over and over. You are not just killing yourselves you are killing the rest of the hobby. It not the FEW snakes let go, it's not the FEW that have killed their owner or the owners family or friends, its not the FEW who walk around with their big snake as an exhibit, or the FEW who feed their snake dogs and cats. It's the sum of the total. I haven't been to a herp show in two years. Our local show was shut down. I was so disgusted with the last show I sold my breeding colony and got out of the business. We had some very idiotic people at the previous show release a retic in the parking lot of the hotel the show was at, and it was run over. Frankly there were probably about 25% of the attendees that were foolish idiots. The next show federal Game and Fish, local game and fish, State tax and revenue, and city animal control all converged at the show and forced vendors to purchase licenses and permits. We no longer have a show. The local herp keepers suffered.

When I lived in AZ I was accosted by local media because one of the members of the AZ Herp Association was feeding puppies and kittens to their burm. It was an embarassment to the whole club.......especially when it was on all three local news stations in Phoenix.

Its funny how a FEW people can eff up a great hobby. A FEW people have screwed all of you and you did nothing. THAT is what really pisses me off. A FEW people have given you a bad "image" and pissed away your "public relations".

A FEW people are still breeding and selling irresonsibly. (Look below at some of the posts) What are you gonna do about it. And what the hell are you doing about it KS.com

Now I know a bunch of you think I'm part of PETA or HSUS or just some kind of liberal a-hole. I can't stand OBAMA and I think we should all vote for anyone but ANY incumbent.

That being said its TIME for you all to grow some balls and call those out in YOUR portion of the hobby that reflect poorly on you and the rest of us.
-----
Vichris
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"- Marcus Aurelius

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: EXACTLY................................ - volleyballjoe, Tue Jan 5 13:33:38 2010
>> Next Message:  BURN THE WITCHES!!! BURN...... - EvilMorphgod, Thu Jan 7 07:13:35 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Some people will never change - DanielsDen, Tue Dec 29 08:10:02 2009