return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: thoughts on the issue...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: emysbreeder at Fri Jan 29 14:33:52 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by emysbreeder ]  

Yes it was quite an ordeal. The State Agriculture inspected every known tortoise keeper for the Tic. Lucky for me there were no tics of that kind at my fascillity and as we walked to the last tortoise to check I asked what they would require if they find the Tic. The required solution was very involved. Land was sprayed, houses, barns, buildings ect. then repeated in three weeks. Tortoises had to be treated and pinned up for a long time, multiple weeks. Then NO KIDDING they wanted to release dozens of Hermans tortoises for three weeks to see if they got the Tics.(they said Hermans were big time travelers).I told them they better hope this last tortoise didnt have any because "there would be none of that going on here" And to get ready to fight me in court. They were nice and very respectfull of my animals. I had called the F.G.F.W.F.C to be there for me and to escourt them around sence I was a legal permit holder from them, and I wasnt sure what they would want to do. I had a female building a nest at the time and told them they could not go in that enclosure. The Wild life cops stood up for me and they let me inspect the nesting female. They had a ligitamit case with the Heartwater Tic, it was a killer of not only Cattle but wild Dear and other wildlife and farm animals. The Herp. comunity did a grate job of convincing them not to Ban them, but I was a little nervice about the speakers in our behalf as most were convicted Wildlife felons! They dont need a good reason now in the POST AMERICA OCCUPATION in Washington and their goons in power the HSUS and PETA. Let pet owners from all walks of life know whats going on. Vic

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: thoughts on the issue... - nybuckeye, Fri Jan 29 19:39:15 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: thoughts on the issue... - unchikun, Sat Jan 30 08:09:06 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: thoughts on the issue... - VICtort, Tue Feb 16 00:08:36 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: thoughts on the issue... - unchikun, Fri Jan 29 07:21:10 2010 image in post