return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Rate of growth for KSB's

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Sand Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kybacon at Sun Feb 21 21:00:18 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kybacon ]  

I had my first litter of KSB's back in July of last year. As of today, the females from the litter are all over 150 grams and eating large F/T mice. I took them to a show today to have them sexed by a friend and everyone that saw them thought I was crazy when they heard that they were born at the end of July, 2009, because they were so large already. I weighed the two largest last week and they were 155 grams a piece. Even the males are pretty big, maybe 125 grams or so each. Is this normal or or these KSB's growing much faster than most others would? I saw a few 2008 babies at the show that were dwarfs compared to mine, so I was pleasantly surprised. Now that I look around, seems most 09's offered for sale are still eating pinkies or something small like that.

I keep them in small tubs in a rack set at maybe 85 degrees where the probe is, and feed once a week with F/T. None of them ever miss a meal.
-----
Mike C
MClark202@insightbb.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Here are the pics of the 09's - kybacon, Sun Feb 21 21:02:57 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Rate of growth for KSB's - chrissyk35, Sun Feb 21 21:15:27 2010 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Rate of growth for KSB's - StevePerry, Mon Feb 22 23:16:52 2010