return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: there are boas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SgtStinky at Thu Mar 11 16:44:32 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SgtStinky ]  

"I'm not in rescue to help the *people*. I'm in rescue to help the **animals**. But don't worry, I don't TELL the people that I think they're idjits. "

Doc, let me see if I can help you out on this because I don't think you really mean what you are saying, I think you may be caught up in discussion.

This forum is basically for pet owners and the business that carter to them. Many of the pet owners reading this may find themselves surrendering their reptiles sooner rather than later because of recently passed legislation at their state level or, God forbid, pending legislation at the federal level. Calling people idjits because they can no longer afford to care for their pets or take their pets cross state lines when they move won't sit well on this board.

Furthermore, you can never separate the animal from the "people", please take the time to see their dilemma, sometimes it will break your heart, other times what you find may not be what you originally thought and what happens is that you have not only helped the animal, but you see how you have helped a person. It is also the gift of rescue, once you can help the animals AND the people then you can have your "been-there-done-that-shirt" back.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: there are boas - amazondoc, Thu Mar 11 12:24:55 2010