return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: General Questions!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jack at Fri Mar 26 18:57:53 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jack ]  

I have eastern box turtles and I have never even see one try to dig out. it must take a turtle a very long time ( days at least ) to dig a hole large enough form them to get out, so you would have lots of time to stop them. However I have watched them climb up and out of an Enclosure that i thought was impossiable for a turle to climb out of in just a matter of seconds. And when the turtle reached the top he did not Hesitate
for even a second he just pushed himself right off, and the drop was about a foot and a half. He them picked himself up and started to walk away. Years ago (like 50) when I was a kid I used to find box turtles in my neighborhood each summmer. I would build an enclosure for them out of chicken fence and the next day they would be gone. People always told me that they must have dug there way out, but I could never find the whole they dug. Now I know that the turtles did not dig out they climbed up the chicken wire and made there escape that way. If any one has had a box turtle "dig" out i would like to hear about it.

-----
Jack

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: General Questions! - boxienuts, Thu Mar 25 12:26:11 2010