return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 9 out of 10 tracked pythons died

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Upscale at Wed Mar 24 16:56:56 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Upscale ]  

I do not disrespect Mike. I am in fact very grateful that he comes here and shares as much as he does, which is probably as much as he is allowed. It is awesome to have one of the very guys who is involved in the field. These issues, these reports, he is there working not just with them, he is one of them. It is pretty much straight from the horses mouth and direct from the absolute front of this war. If you want to call it that.
My agenda, which I do not beat around the bush about, is that I want the legislation restricting importation and ownership of any and every reptile squashed. I am going to post the very opposite of everything that is being used to sway opinion in the other direction. I am going to repeat, as often as I can, that the pythons are filling a void and serving a valuable needed service to the ecosystem down here, and if we were to lose them, it would be far worse than them being there. Exact opposite of what the legislation proponents want to hear. I am going to repeat as often as I can that these pythons are being deliberately released by the very ones making the claims that they are a problem. It is a manufactured “problem”. I am going to say it is blown out of proportion to make the everglades look like it is not worth protecting by greedy land grabbing developers. I am going to claim it is a conspiracy theory and the proof is the false science being used like the claim that the pythons can spread up to Kentucky and are killing native endangered species. I am going to claim that the pet python that supposedly killed that little girl was used to cover up her accidental death by one of her parents. The one surviving radio implanted python was actually in the lab during the cold snap. I am going to share the pictures of the python being beheaded in grisly fashion with animal lovers everywhere in hopes of building sympathy for them. Pythons are actually quite nice and keeping the fringe areas around our homes from being over run with rats and disease carrying vermin animals. They are actually much safer than rattlesnakes. All these things I am going to repeat as if this is the absolute truth. If I repeat it long enough, some will believe it. Just raise a little reasonable doubt. Where did I learn that technique? We can’t just oppose the legislation, you have to turn public opinion. You have to plant the seed for the exact opposite of what they are trying to do. My approach is that the pythons are being used by evil doers for a hidden agenda. Half the public eats that stuff up. So Mike was right on with me. I do apologize to him, because I know he is a good guy. He’s a pretty cool dude from what I know. I just have to fight, not Mike, but the ban on importing, keeping and the restrictions planned for the reptile industry. I’m a venomous keeper, not a python keeper. I’m just preparing for the fight coming my way.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 9 out of 10 tracked pythons died - lep1pic1, Wed Mar 24 19:08:03 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: 9 out of 10 tracked pythons died - jscrick, Wed Mar 24 20:39:09 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: 9 out of 10 tracked pythons died - Upscale, Wed Mar 24 08:59:11 2010