return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Here are the new arrivals!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uromastyx ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: msmmarie at Wed Mar 31 20:34:45 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by msmmarie ]  

I've been a 'silent reader' and rare contributor to this forum on and off over the last seven years (I had a pair of Mali's for seven years and they are now in another wonderful home) but with new baby Uro's, I just wanted to share some pics and I'm sure I'll be asking for some advice along the way too!

This is a pair of baby Bandeds from Doug Dix. They arrived today to our much anticipated excitement! I've had about ten conversation with my little girl (and anticipate a number more) about their need for peace and quiet for awhile as they adjust but it's hard to pull her away from the side of that terrarium anxiously watching for them to appear=). The one we're sure is a female is named 'Sprinkles' and the questionable one we refer to as a 'he' is named 'Salty'..I have no idea where she got that name from!=) They are family pets and we're looking forward to watching them grow and I want to teach my little girl what I know about reptiles and see her enjoy them=). Sprinkles has spent most of her time in the hide away, coming out to check things out once or twice while Salty seems to curious to be satisfied with the hide..he's in and out and checking us out too! They both already seem very sweet and curious and I'm so looking forward to see their personalities and banded patterns develop=).

Have a great week!
Molly

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Here are the new arrivals! - mahlerfan, Thu Apr 1 05:59:46 2010