return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Spring 2010 photos

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Garter & Ribbon Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: asnakelovinbabe at Fri Apr 2 19:09:32 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by asnakelovinbabe ]  

Yesterday I had the day off so I spent all day outside. me and my brother hiked through the woods for about 2 hours, then we walked home, got the dog and took him back for swimming in the creek (he LOVES this). After that I decided the afternoon sun was in the right spot and the shade next to my house provided the perfect lighting for some serious snakeage. Sadly, there are no flowers out yet aside from the goldenrod and the daffodils.

Here is Blossom... I can never stop taking pictures of her. Sadly, pictures don't do her justice, the camera takes away her glow.

The flame I caught makes me more proud with every shed. This animal is coloring up immensely, I think she will breed in the 2011 season. My erythristic male is in love with her and wants with all his heart to breed with her, I had to break up the group because he would not leave her alone... and she's still too small for me to be comfortable with breeding her. This year I must select a suitable male from the farm so that the offspring will truly be potter county flames!

My smaller female infernalis... boy is she grouchy! Like all infernalis... if they weren't so pretty I would not work with them! They are worse than similis!

The male terrestris, he's quite a handsome fellow.

Dumbo, my axanthic plains male. Tiny little thing but growing and I just love those little "ears"

Iowa albino male plains. For a while I was afraid for this one, he's always been a bit of a runt and used to only take small meals. Recently that has changed, he put on weight and is growing!

Axanthic Iowa albino female... I lucked out with this snake. If your monitor is adjusted properly you should be able to see the blue glow she gives off. It's VERY cool. If your monitor is off even by a little, you may not be able to see it. It's *almost* impossible for the camera to pick up.

My male Santa Cruz. These snakes are so damned pretty that it hurts my eyes sometimes.

And the winner for prettiest belly in all of the garter snakes goes to.... atratus!

Here is my female, she is lighter in color, like a turquoise blue! The male is a better and less picky eater than her but she's coming along. She looks much smaller in these photos than she really is!

My male natrix natrix. He is unrelated to my females, who are solid black and gray without spots. Do you know why you never see photos of my natrix? Because the little #*&(#'s never, for any reason, hold still! They are much more persistent than garters.

Here is that male checkered that I picked out of an otherwise ordinary bunch of babies. He glowed, and he still does. He is literally lime green, but sadly, my camera won't capture his real color and the way he glows in the dark.

His head is very pretty.

My female albino redsided. I much prefer normals and snakes with melanin to albinos but I have to admit this thing is AWESOME!

I don't think I introduced this pair properly yet. From the same guy I got the male natrix from, I picked up this pair. These are erythristic flames from Scott. As small as they are, they are so colorful and I can't imagine what they will look like as adults. Especially the female. They are small enough now that the erythristic part has not even really kicked in yet!

The male:

The female:

I photo'ed a few other snakes during this session as well. I will throw you guys a little sampler of them:

Alistair, my pastel boa constrictor imperator.

Fluffy, my male hypo het albino red blood python... for those of you who don't know I LOVE blood pythons. His partner Cupcake is in shed.

Sprinkles, my female Sumatran Short Tailed python (black blood). Ooooo she gives me tingles. So shiny...

Together...

That's all for today folks! Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to view! Happy Easter! (I took Ra to see the easter bunny...)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Spring 2010 photos - boxienuts, Sat Apr 3 17:05:12 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Spring 2010 photos - Nir, Tue Apr 6 07:10:53 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Spring 2010 photos - mt, Tue Apr 6 22:29:10 2010