return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: "the chances of the world changing"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: unchikun at Tue Apr 13 17:29:41 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by unchikun ]  

the film showed eggs and hatchlings he had, and one entertaining shot showed a grunting male of some small species chasing a female around, so i guess he did at least a little breeding.

as an aside, the urge to "rescue" was what got me my pet redfoot, in the long run. years ago i saw an ornate wood turtle in a bone-dry enclosure with little water and no food in a chain pet store which shall remain nameless,so i asked that they please moisten his enclosure and top off his water. on a return visit to check on him, he looked much better (especially his skin) and was more active. i was taken in with the fellow, and even took my boyfriend to see him. someone else bought him before i finally decided to make the plunge, though.

while researching thecare of the wood turtle, i learned more about turtles and tortoises in general, and decided on a redfoot after someone else bought the wood turtle. i placed my order with abbott's turtle farm and the rest was history.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  2 wks after Cal. Soaks -Redfoot UPDATE! - amazoa, Tue Apr 13 09:56:41 2010
<< Previous topic:  Sulcata Tortoise - DiNew, Fri Apr 9 01:00:47 2010