return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Yeah... foxi

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Racers & Coachwhips ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: canderson at Tue Nov 30 20:35:05 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by canderson ]  

I know it has been since the spring, but afterall this is still on page one of this forum. The replies to this were absolutely grueling to read.... Did anyone not understand that the agreed upon subject was the Blue Racer? The midwestern form from the north known in latin as Coluber contrictor foxi? That is all the poster was looking for was a breeder for this snake, the blue ones! Not the Black-masked in Louisiana, not the Eastern Yellow-Bellied Racer, not the Western Yellow-Bellied racer, not even the bluish-gray specimens of the Everglades racer nor a freakish blue Oaxacan Racer!

With that being said, I would be surprised if there was anyone out there that breed Blue Racers (meaning foxi for anyone thinking maybe we drifted off to another subspecies) or any other racers (now meaning all other subspecies of C. constrictor).

It really is a shame though, they are great snakes: smart, beautiful, inquisitive and generally make you feel that you've met your match! I used to keep Southern Black Racers, Northern Black Racers, Everglades Racers, and even a gorgeous Eastern Yellow-Bellied Racer back in the 80's and 90's. I always found them to be awesome, and was constantly ridiculed by my herp friends for being interested in "trash" snakes (read: not collectible, difficult to work with, and worthless). I don't think they could've been further from the truth. These snakes rule, and either secretly or blatently all herpers know this, it's instinct!

/Chris

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Yeah... foxi - DruckerB, Mon Apr 26 09:39:52 2010