return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ambon Island locale

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: chrisdrake at Thu Apr 29 16:51:52 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by chrisdrake ]  

I have to admit I need to take some of the blame and fedex the majority of the blame. I had to take my daughter to the sitter and stopped at the corner store before the snakes arrived. Apparently in the short time I was gone fedex tried to deliver. I had left a sign on the door asking for them to leave the package at the door and that i would be back shortly and signed it just in case i missed them while i was gone. The shipper had set it up to require a signature so they did not leave it. The fedex tag they put on the door apparently fell off the door and ended up behind a potted plant so I did not know they tried to deliver. After 10:30 I couldn't wait anymore so I went to work but had my neighbor watch out for them. After a few hours she went and checked my doorstep just in case they got in without her seeing and she found the doortag. She called me and I ran home as soon as i could. I got on the phone with fedex at 2pm to find out where the driver was and if he could redeliver or I could meet him on his route. I stressed they were live reptiles and I really needed to get them. I was told they would call me back if there were any problems with a redeliver. 5pm and nothing so I called them back. The driver was not responding so at 6pm i had to go pick them up at the station. I was told twice i would get a callback on the drivers status and never did. I feel i'm partly to blame for missing the delivery, and fedex is to blame for poor customer service. they sat on the truck 4hrs longer because the driver wouldn't respond to their messages. If they weren't packed with a heat pack they may have survived our 84 degree day but if i recieved them at 10:30 it wouldn't have been that hot. What a mess. They were packed well other than the heatpack. I don't want to throw the dealers name out there because they are trying to help rectify the situation. The snakes were very nice looking animals and clean. I will post some pics later.

Chris

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Ambon Island locale - CBH, Tue May 11 20:33:36 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Ambon Island locale - jerryconway, Thu Apr 29 07:15:33 2010