return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Whoa!...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TOM_CRUTCHFIELD at Fri Apr 30 20:02:26 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TOM_CRUTCHFIELD ]  

I'm guessing the two who were there were Bill Brandt and Eugene Bessette. Both have been close friends of mine for well over 25 years and I can't believe they would do anything to hurt this Industry. I will contact both and get their take on this whole thing but lets NOT hang anyone until we know in fact their guilty of something. I WILL GO ON RECORD AS STATING I AM OPPOSED TO ANYONE WHO WOULD SEEK TO OPPRESS OTHERS TO INSURE THEIR OWN FINANCIAL SUCCESS. I BELIEVE THAT COMPETITION IS HEALTHY FOR THE INDUSTRY AND IS THE AMERICAN WAY OF DOING THINGS. IF THERE ARE THOSE WHO SEEK TO ELIMINATE COMPETITION IN ANY OTHER WAY THAN BY OUT COMPETING THE COMPETITION I WILL VIGOROUSLY OPPOSE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. As I understand all the law does is prevent anyone from having an ROC animal as a personal pet. New permits will NOT be issued on any person asking for an ROC permit for one to be kept as a pet. A person who wants to commercially breed and sell will not be affected and will be issued the ROC permit even if they currently are not grandfathered in. Line 8 and the addition of new species is cause for concern as this could be done without due process. There are other things happening or possibly happening here that are of more concern. One is the regulation of herps shipped into Florida that has been discussed and the other is a suggestion that folks that breed and sell out of their home if not zoned agriculture be prohibited from doing so. I do NOT KNOW at present where these thoughts and ideas generated from but if I find out I will make it public and vigorously oppose it. None of these things would adversely affect me but it would destroy many part time small breeders and this I'LL FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR THEIR RIGHT TO CONTINUE ENJOYING AND BREEDING THEIR HERPS. I compete with these same hobbiest-breeders but I am proud to do so and it's their right to continue to pursue happiness as they see fit. I WILL STAND TALL AGAINST ANY AND ALL WHO ATTEMPT TO THROW THE SMALL TIME BREEDER UNDER THE BUS. Thanks and sorry for the rant...
-----
Tom Crutchfield
www.tomcrutchfield.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Well put - brd, Fri Apr 30 21:16:29 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Whoa!... - dangles, Fri Apr 30 19:16:18 2010