return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Just ot my Comment in last minute

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MikeSkipRocks at Sun May 9 12:21:20 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MikeSkipRocks ]  

I am glad I got off of my arse and finally did it. I feel better having some small part in hopefully stopping this rule change.

I just got my comment in this afternoon. I know I always wait till the very last minute to do anything, xmas shopping, taxes, dishes and the like. Its a lifestyle choice.

Even though this rule change would not directly effect myself, seeing as I prefer and have no trouble selling my burms locally here in VA. I see the damaging effect it would have on the reptile trade.

I know alot of people won't agree with me here but I support stopping the wholesale importation burms. But what if their is a new morph that pops up somewhere else? We want that morph right? Well lets say no more than 5 imports a year per individual or company. Documented and licensed and all that good official stuff. This opinion of mine comes from a buy American attitude I hold to. ( pointing to the Pontiac in the driveway )

However the banning of interstate trading is completely unacceptable. As i said before I don't ship anything. The very limited amount of burms I breed ( one or two clutches every two years) I sell myself or through a local pet store. Actually I think we did ship out one snake in 08 but i didnt like waiting to get my money and having to cash the check. I prefer face to face cash in hand. Still their are alot or individuals out there that do most of their business across state lines and that the income they get from said business is very important to them and their families. I support Them most of all in my hopes that this rule change goes belly up.

I think this is going to be a long fight with many battles ahead.
If this goes through its just another stepping stone to eventually outlawing our pets completely. If it doesnt go through they will try again and again.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Thanks... But.... - USARK, Sun May 9 17:23:17 2010