return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Rich, very good points and......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Blood Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Kelly_Haller at Sun Aug 8 13:39:31 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Kelly_Haller ]  

Thanks Rich, good point and I would definitely agree. Inheritance is the main key to temperament in captive bred boids. I don’t believe there are too many U.S. boid breeders working with, or wanting to deal with, aggressive adults in their breeding programs. Captive breeding in the U.S. tends to automatically exclude the genetic movement of aggressive temperaments on to future generations in most cases. You are absolutely correct in that there is definitely not the adult breeder selection going on with the farmed situation. All of my adult bloods have been extremely calm as well as the few young I have produced. However, I see this most markedly with the green anacondas we produce. We are working with very calm adult bloodlines in our breeding program and have never produced any aggressive young out of 5 litters over the last 10 years. These neonates can be easily handled from the day they are born and believe the over-riding factor is the temperament of the adults. Here’s a couple of off topic shots of some of the greens we have produced, a day old neonate and a 5 year old, second generation CBB female.

Kelly

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Hey Everyone. - t_corey89, Sun Aug 8 19:18:23 2010
<< Previous topic:  How to Identify the 3 species W/ Pics - Z_G_Reptiles, Tue Aug 3 07:39:05 2010