return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Shorter days lighter feeding.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uromastyx ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: KevinM at Sat Sep 11 08:59:25 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by KevinM ]  

Is anyone else noticing their uros slowing down on feeding this time of year with the days shortening and fall upon us? My larger female mali is still out and about pretty much daily, but the smaller one (hopefully male) has been hiding much more with the ongoing shortening of days and less food in general is being consumed. I use to freak when it appeared the larger mali quit feeding when I only had her. However, they remind me of ball pythons a bit with respect to the feeding responses in the fall/winter months. The lights/heat stay on the same amount of time, and the ambient room temp stays about the same as well. The tank is next to a window and I think the visual stimulation really affects these guys with respect to sunlight.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Shorter days lighter feeding. - rtl402, Mon Sep 13 08:03:49 2010