return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My new ECW hatchlings from Joe Bernardo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Racers & Coachwhips ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bigtattoo at Wed Oct 27 03:52:03 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bigtattoo ]  

I hear what you're saying about the "haters" about keeping W/C or captive hatching from W/C gravid females. Funny thing is most of them that are not so elitist about their Ball morphs, corn morphs et al forget about the hundreds of thousands of animals stripped from the wild that provided them with the stock now available. But just how many of them are doing anything to preserve the pure wild phenotypes. When I was keeping corns 10 years ago you could find lots of Miami phase, Okatees and other locality corns. Can't find many of these available anymore.

"Large snakes don't stand a chance in the wild in Florida",(my motto)

It's not just in Florida. I've done a lot of educational talks and I can't tell you how many times people would brag about the only good snake is a dead snake and how they kill any snake they see on their property. When I would tell them that one pair of mice can be responsible for producing 100,000 offspring in a year with them and their babies having babies. Then tell them how that big black rat they killed would eat nest after nest as well as the breeders they often changed their attitude. Mostly because many of them were country folk with rodent problems. Idiots.

I know with habitat encroachment and destruction, our penchant for building roads and subdivisions where there should be contiguous protected lands to preserve species many of these will soon be lost. I believe with every species lost diminishes us as a species. Watch "Swamp Loggers" sometime and how they decimate thousands of acres of prime habitat all in the name of making a buck. Not even harvesting for lumber but for pulp and never a look back at the barren wasteland they created nor a thought of replanting. Rip it and strip it then run to the next plot.

Big T puts his soapbox away. End of rant.
-----
BigT
There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. The ignorant can be taught, stupidity is beyond our control.
1.2 P. m. melanoleucus B/W N. J. Northern Pines
1.2 P. d. deppei Mexican Pines
2.2 P. l. lineaticollis Linis or Lined Pines
1.2 P. m. lodingi Black Pines
1.1 Drymarchon melenurus Blacktail Cribo
1.2 M. s. cheynei Jungle Carpet
2.6 L. p. pyromelana Arizona Mt. Kings
1.1 L. g. californiae B/W Cali kings
0.0.3 M. f. flagellum Eastern Coachwhips
1.2 G. m. bottegoi Western Plated lizards

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My new ECW hatchlings from Joe Bernardo - KevColubrid, Wed Oct 27 12:46:08 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: My new ECW hatchlings from Joe Bernardo - jodscovry, Tue Oct 26 19:34:17 2010 image in post