return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

EOY report (Az, Ca and NM)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Field Notes & Observations ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: azatrox at Sat Oct 30 20:07:50 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by azatrox ]  

So it's that time of year...the time of year where everyone throws up their prizes from the herping year just past...Well, low and behold we have yet ANOTHER Arizona post from yet ANOTHER Arizona herper...Well, truth be told this post isn't ALL Arizona....there's a pinch of California and a smidge of New Mexico mixed in for good measure.

I wish I could throw these up with some kind of semblence of chronology...Alas, that's not the case, so instead you'll all be treated to a whole lot more pictures than are really necessary to get my point across. Before I begin, I will say that I ran into quite a few fellow herpers this year and it was a pleasure herping with you all (even if our encounters were by and large unplanned)...ErikNM, Marisa, Tim Warfel, Chris Law, Brendan O'Connor, Richard Legere, Brandon La Forest and the list goes on...These people along with a few of my more "regular" herping peeps (i.e. Jeff "Jaffo" Miller, Bryan Hughes, Aaron Mills) have truly made my herping year something that won't soon be forgotten.

Alright...with all the tear jerking stuff out of the way allow me to present my 2010 herping year in review...

Anybody that spends any time at all herping in Arizona has likely run into more C. atrox than they can shake a snake hook at...Even with as common as these guys are, I still enjoy seein' them every chance I get...

While we're on the subject of common desert denizens, these next two species are quite abundant in the right habitats as well...C. cerastes and C. s. scutulatus.

Now, if you haven't figured this out already I do love the buzzworms...this year afforded many opportunities to see a variety of species. But because I don't want to lose all you "non-crote" people just yet, I'll rattle things up a bit and throw in a few decidedly less venomous critters...

Gopherus agassizii

Terrapene ornata ornata

Ok, so maybe turtles and torts aren't your cup of tea...how about a few lizards?

Urosaurus ornatus

Aspidoscelis tigris

Sceloporus magister

Gambelia wislizenii

Crotaphytus bicinctores

Crotaphytus collaris

Plestiodon callicephalus

Phyrnosoma hernandesi

Well, if that doesn't "do it" for ya, I don't know what to say...maybe you're an invert lover....If so...

Hmmmm...STILL not seeing what you came to see? Well, that means you might be a phib fanatic...Admittedly I saw FAR more phibs than I photographed this year, but perhaps there's a little something here for ya....

Hyla arenicolor

Rana yavapaiensis

Well, if you're still not satisfied, I'm kinda running out of options here...Perhaps you're a colubrid fan?

Phyllorhynchus decurtatus

Diadophis punctatus regalis

Lampropeltis pyromelana pyromelana

Rhinocheilus lecontei

Heterodon nasicus kennerlyi

Masticophis flagellum (eating an Aspidoscelis lizard)

Thamnophis marcianus

Hmmm...Boas maybe? Elapids?

Ok...after ALL THAT if you're still looking for something different, it means one of 3 things...my first guess is you like mammals and things that fly...In THAT case...

If that's not it, maybe you're just into cool landscape/nature/scenic shots...

Ok, if all else fails then you're a "crote-head" just like I am and you had to suffer through the entire middle section of this post just to get to some more rattlesnake pictures. Well, I hope your patience has been aptly rewarded. Enjoy.

Crotalus cerberus

Crotalus lepidus klauberi

(In situ)

Crotalus molossus molossus

Crotalus mitchelli pyrrhus

Crotalus pricei pricei

Crotalus ruber ruber

Crotalus tigris

Crotalus viridis viridis

(in situ)

Crotalus willardi willardi

Crotalus willardi obscurus

Well, that's about it for my 2010. If you got all the way to the end and still didn't find something that tickled your fancy, then in the immortal words spoken by someone at some point before now: "I ain't got nothin' for ya man."

-Kris

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: EOY report (Az, Ca and NM) - PWalreadytaken, Sun Oct 31 08:34:03 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: EOY report (Az, Ca and NM) - Esther, Sun Oct 31 21:54:25 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: EOY report (Az, Ca and NM) - daneby, Wed Nov 3 10:22:39 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: EOY report (Az, Ca and NM) - kfisher29, Wed Nov 3 13:36:19 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: EOY report (Az, Ca and NM) - Riobravoreptiles, Mon Nov 15 14:13:03 2010 image in post