return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Hatchling Deaths

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Health & Breeding ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hodgepodgepython at Sun Nov 14 10:16:10 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hodgepodgepython ]  

Good Morning.
I was wondering if anyone has experience with hatchling deaths? I want to see if this may be an incubator issue or something else. I use 2 hovabators and early this year I had 2 clutches in one and One of the babies came half out of the egg and dies. I later found that his insides were on the outside. I just hatched my first Albino X Het Albino clutch and This same thing happened. It was a large 10 egg clutch, I frikN dropped one egg.. So out of the 9 left, I had one with its insides on the outside and one that is bloated and has kinks in its back. So far the kinked one is doing ok, and the swelling seems to have went down some. This sucks when it happens and even worse when 2 of the snakes mentioed were/are albino. The Kink back has some awesome markings too..
The Albino Clutch was Laid late and just hatched a few days ago so I had put the incubators away and I am not sure if it was the same one that this happened on a previous clutch or what. I am worried maybe the incubator spiked ?
Any Ideas to why they come out kinked or deformed?
-----
Hodgepodge Pythons
Hodgepodge:noun
: a heterogeneous mixture

Vist us @ www.hodgepodgepythons.com
email jason@hodgepodgepythons.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Big blister like area on neck of Burmese - yvonbug, Tue Nov 16 00:09:43 2010
<< Previous topic:  Help Please - lilscrydvl, Fri Nov 12 07:40:15 2010