return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Homemade Sausages for Snakes... Thoughts

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: KathrineFord at Sat Nov 27 05:45:51 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by KathrineFord ]  

I agree about the sausages. I have a six year old Ball Python that I've had since she was one month old. I've never had trouble getting her to eat until this past summer. She ate one adult mouse in March and then I could not get her to eat another one until August 8th. I took her to the Vet twice. They checked her and didn't find anything wrong at all. She showed nothing different at all in her behavior or routine. She just would not eat. I was getting frantic that we would have to have the Vet force feed her. That is something I *do not* want to ever do. I had actually been considering trying something much like the sausages myself since I would know what was in them and all that.

I think the sausages are a great idea to be able to have for any species of snake. Especially the ones that go through phases like mine did. Toward the end of August she started eating normally again. It was very odd and worrying to me. If I had had snake sausages that had clean, healthy ingredients and vitamins to try and feed her with, I would have breathed a little easier with just one of those in her belly rather than the one adult mouse she did eat.

Well done with your recipe too. And I agree about them looking good - until I read the ingredients. LOL...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Homemade Sausages for Snakes... Thoughts - Bigtattoo, Fri Nov 26 03:33:08 2010