return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

HELP! unhealthy baby cornsnake!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Health & Breeding ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: z14 at Sat Nov 27 10:36:37 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by z14 ]  

I posted the same thread last night and no one has replied, so I'm trying here too.

I'm really at a loss at this point. I have a baby cornsnake, a few months old now, got from petco and was very healthy for awhile. I live primarily with my mom, and she lives at my dad's, so I only see her once a week and my dad is supposed to take care of her. I don't know what's going wrong, but her health has been rapidly declining. The very tip of her tail bleeds sometimes and is crusty and very thin. The skin on her head is also very wrinkly and dry. I think this is from too low humidity levels. I have soaked her in room-temperature water for about 20 minutes to hopefully hydrate her, although I'm not sure if that's even the problem because she has water in her dish that is fresh. She also refuses to eat, and I'm at a loss. Right now I have her in a box with the pinky and I'm going to leave it there until she eats it or overnight, although all she's doing is sitting there staring at it and trying to escape.

Also, in the process of removing one of her eyecaps, I think I pulled off too much skin and now her one eye is swollen. This was a few days ago, and the swelling has gone down, but still. Should I worry about this?I'm very worried for her health. We called a vet and they hardly helped. I"m at a loss. What should I do?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  python with stunted growth - outkastah, Tue Nov 30 09:37:55 2010
<< Previous topic:  I NEED URGENT ADVICE!!! - xstraykitten, Tue Nov 23 11:47:23 2010