return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Mites, everyones favorite topic

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Health & Breeding ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MsPony at Sun Dec 5 00:35:34 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MsPony ]  

I got in some rescue snakes tonight, was interested in just the Cape York but she said she was going to give the corn snakes to Petco, and I couldnt let that happen. So I am now with four snakes, but we bought a LEGIT breeding rack system from her, the kind on BoaFile? For only $100, with $35 extra thrown in because she is going to homeless shelter Monday

These were her husbands (seperated) snakes, she knew nothing about them but breeds and how to work the racks. They were in disgusting conditions, newspaper on one half, little tupperware bowls and poop all OVER. Sheds too, the smell of snake poo is overwhelming.

I dont *see* mites, but I want to scrub and sanitize every inch of the snakes and the cages. I was going to soak the snakes (some have sheds still) then spread mineral oil on heat pits and eyes as directed. What is your method and which way should I go?

Also, they are VERY skinny except the Cape York, she was a breeder originally so the lady said she came obese and is now perfect weight. Do you think with major cage upgrade (I personally do plantation soil by ExoTerra) they will start eating and gain weight? Should I deworm them? I work for a vet tech, and she is currently helping my coworker rehab a very ill ball thats another rescue, so she can help me administer any medicine/give shots.

Thanks for any information!! Usually my rescues come in better health then this
-----
I grew up with jeff Corwins tv show, my fondest childhood memories are not playing with other children, but sticking easter eggs down holes trying to catch a cobra!

"A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing."
- Jessamyn West

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Mites, everyones favorite topic - Sonya, Sun Dec 5 10:00:37 2010