return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

chuckwalla eggs 4 days on, update

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mart20 at Mon Dec 6 13:57:12 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mart20 ]  

Hi again everyone,

Jus thought I'd let you know that I decided to candel the eggs as I saw a you tube video of a lady candeling some crested geko eggs. I've attached the pic I took the other day so I can describe wich eggs I'm talking about. As I mentioned before, I couldn't get any of the sand off the two that were covered in sand, however I though if I don't some how I wouldn't be able to see through them when candeling them, so I decided to gently scratch at them with my finger nail and I did manage to get a fair bit off. So heres how it went, all the eggs looked yellow all the way through, although I did notice a differnce with the bottom right egg as it appeared to be a lighter yellow, the others looked a bit darker, there was no darker round bit there but who knows if it will appear. Other things I noticed is that they were all firm on top and softer underneath, but I think I noticed that the bottom right eggs was maybe a little firmer underneath than the others. I have always suspected that if any of them had a chance it would be the whitest egg you can see in the pics (bottom right) as the others especially the top left always looked yellowy to start with. So I don't know if there are any clues for you in what I've said as to what might be goig on, I know what it looks like to me but I don't really know. If you can tell me what you think then that would be great and then I will have a better idea. Do you think I should candel them again at some point?
Thanks
Martin

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]