return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

First carpet...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gorillaunit33 at Tue Dec 21 08:20:01 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gorillaunit33 ]  

I have been in going to a local reptile store, who had received this carpet about a month to a month and a half ago, from a man who took the dive to give up all his snakes because the WIFE! Anyway i had been looking for a while for either a carpet, another albino burm or another Brazilian rainbow boa to add to my collection, and in the future try to breed when my current ones got to size, if not already. I was kind of iffy on this one because i have not had any experience or knowledge on carpets other then what i have read up on online. The store she was at was asking alot for her, good for me im in sales lol. Anyway shes about 10-11ft and i would say a little underfed. Her attitude is pretty good, actually alot better then my burms, but she does tend to surprise me sometimes with her quick sudden movements when trying to get a hold of her at first and when you handle her she doesnt stay still as you can see in the pic (which im finding is common in these snakes by some videos i have seen?). Also one question i did have is i see all most carpets yellow and black and some black and grey like i have, whats the difference between the too if any? or is it just a color change phase they go through like in BRB's? Im going to work on getting her back up to the size she should be, you can see in the pic she has some room to fill in that skin. Who knows if she'll be ready by febuary but i have a couple possibility's for her in the future.

-----
//LJ//

3.1.0 BP
0.1.0 BURM '07
0.1.0 JCP '04
1.0.0 BRB '09
0.1.0 BCI '10
1.0.0 English Bred Chocolate Lab

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: First carpet... - PHFaust, Wed Dec 22 12:01:25 2010