return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Heating dellima

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cage & Habitat Design ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ali_Cat at Sun Jan 2 22:41:00 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ali_Cat ]  

Just transfered the baby BP to a 10g tank, the problem is that I can`t get the hot spot higher then 85%F. I`ve got One repi therm small, one repi therm mini, and one 7X4in 7watt under the tank on one side, and the therm-hydro meter above the hot spot.

I have a little lamp that I initially used to take pictures of his tank with, only now its beginning to become a heat source. With the lamp,the hot spot will get to about 85%, and without will drop to 73% during the day. His screen cover has about 1in opening on both ends, the rest in closed in with cling wrap, taped down with foil tape to keep humidity in.

I haven`t a problem at all with his humidity, it stays at a nice 55% and will spike to the low 60`s now and then. Its just the temp I`m having an actual problem with. His bedding on the hot side is only 1in, and the pads do feel hot to the touch, but its as if it just barely not giving out enough heat.

Any suggestions? Should I just switch his substrate to paper towels to allow more heat in?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Heating dellima - Bighurt, Sun Jan 2 23:00:01 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Heating dellima - SteveinIL, Mon Jan 3 02:14:36 2011