return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Thanks!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rottenweiler9 at Fri Jan 7 08:25:21 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rottenweiler9 ]  

You don't want to offer it to many choices, if you do that it will be confused. Also, the braining and so on never worked for me. I had the same issue with my female Burm, to the point I was so frustrated, and got some good advise here. Mine did the exact same things yours did, hit it wrapped it and then left it. Give it time, and don't try to offer everyweek. Like HH said, offer a pre killed rat but while it is eating that, place a FT rat on it while it has its mouth on it. They are tricked into thinking its the same rat, and sometimes it will eat the FT without the PK. Be carful placing the rat in there after it hits the first one and wraps it. I did this for a month or so and then she was a frozen feeder. In fact I thought going to bunnies was going to be hard as well, but I dropped a rabbit in frozen thawed and came back in an hour and it was gone, that is when I was trying to figure out how I was going to get it back out of the cage without getting bit, from there she ate them off the ground. Also I found the best way to thaw them is to put them in a plastic bag have a warm bucket of water and let it thaw for a few hours. It should be warm to the touch.
The only issue I had moving a snake to a rabbit was my retic, but that thing had such a feeding response I offered it a rat first and then a rabbit, then another rat and then it would take the rabbit on the third try, that went on for the rest of the season and then when he came back into feed, like HH said no problems with just the rabbit. Good Luck, dong't get flustered because you will just stress the snake out. I have been there.
-----
0.2 Rotts
1.0 Super Tiger (Dash)
1.0 Amel Retic (Mahola)RIP Buddy.
0.1 Ball Python (Cyeanne)
0.1 Red Tail (Memphis)
1.0 Coral Sun Glow Boa (Rodman)
0.1 Blood Python (Danica)
1.0 Green Ananconda (Prefontain)
1.0 Emerald Tree Boa (Bing Bong)
1.0 Ivory Ball Python (Hansel)
0.1 Bumble Bee Ball Python (Sissy)
0.0.2 Yellow Ackies (Ludmilla and Ivan Drago)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Thanks! - HappyHillbilly, Fri Jan 7 08:38:29 2011

<< Previous Message:  Thanks! - Ravenspirit, Thu Jan 6 03:17:33 2011