return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Not sure where to post this, but...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bigtattoo at Sun Jan 9 04:40:20 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bigtattoo ]  

I know exactly where you're coming from. Sadly most breeders are not also web designers and the costs of maintaining a website by a web designer can put a serious hurt on the profits. I don't think asking them to update would do much to help your situation. But since most provide other means of contacting, email, phone etc. these would be better means of finding what's available as well as getting a feel for their customer service. Ask questions, ask for pics of available babies, sires and dams, prices. If your considering couperi and need to get the permit, ask if they will assist in the process, most will.

Some of the best breeders for Drys don't even have a website and are doing well just in being able to answer emails and post on forums. Their focus is on keeping and breeding not on being computer literate. LOL

Even the Indigos Forever website is in bad need of updating.

Most depend more on the classfieds here and elsewhere more than their websites. Some will also post on forums, see thread below on yellow paraguays.

There are some great breeders of Drys there are also "flippers" of animals that the quality or origins may be questionable.

The way I found all of mine was by watching the classifieds and contacting the breeders/ through them. Doing the research into which Drys most interested me and just what I was looking for in those species. As in my blacktails. I wanted black tails not blackish tails, not brown tails. So I asked for pics and made my choice. I love hi contrast yellow tails w/ dark forebodies and bright yellow tails. I also think those yellow paraguays are just screamers too but it will be a while before there are many available and in the range of my wallet.

The long and short of it is that it may not be as simple as just looking at a web page and making a decision based on that. As costly as Drys are I feel it's worth the extra effort for direct contact with the breeders. I stay away from flippers. BTW the breeder you alluded to in your post is well worth the effort to contact by other means.

If you're interested in referrals to others please feel free to email me.

Here are some pics of my BTs first two are my babies, the last is the sire.

-----
BigT
There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. The ignorant can be taught, stupidity is beyond our control.
1.2 P. m. melanoleucus B/W N. J. Northern Pines
1.2 P. d. deppei Mexican Pines
2.2 P. l. lineaticollis Linis or Lined Pines
1.2 P. m. lodingi Black Pines
0.3 P. c. sayi Kingsville X Stillwater red bulls
1.1 Drymarchon melenurus Blacktail Cribo
1.2 D. corais Yellowtail Cribos
1.2 M. s. cheynei Jungle Carpet
2.6 L. p. pyromelana Arizona Mt. Kings
1.1 L. g. californiae B/W Cali kings
0.0.3 M. f. flagellum Eastern Coachwhips
1.2 G. m. bottegoi Western Plated lizards

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Eastern Indigo Brumation Temp. - snuggly_snake, Tue Jan 11 11:18:35 2011
<< Previous topic:  First eggs of 2011 - alanB, Sat Jan 1 14:19:29 2011