return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

hey, pat?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: robeyeshua221 at Sun Jan 30 14:18:34 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by robeyeshua221 ]  

just read your article - thought it was fantastic - as a "fairly new" keeper, i was just wondering how the process evolved as to you writing the article - thanks, and again - great job - on a side note - i have noticed but rarely heard it mentioned that dums really do prefer the "cool side" of an enclosure - it scared me a little until i read your article that my dum always seems to prefer the cool side - i thought i was running temps too high at first - at present my warm side uth at the pad is cycling between 81 and 84 - i use big apples bah 1000 t'stat with their intellimat heat pad inside a 40 quart sterilite for my nearly 3 ft aprox. 19 month old dum - recently - to try and figure this "always staying on the cool side thing" i arranged identical cool and warm side hides - i mean identical in every way and she almost always is in the cool side hide with about 1/3 of her body out - buried in aspen with her nose/eyes only protruding the aspen and nose stuck right next to a piece of driftwood - she is so camoflauged that you have to know she's there to even see her - on a seperate thought, i have learned that if i provide a water dish big enough for her to soak in that she and others her size, even up to 4 ft will definetely soak, completely submerged except for her nose before shedding - most recently - my pair shed within a day of each other and had soaked non stop as best as i could tell for about 7 full days - even on feeding day the male only came out enough to seize the mouse and retracted back to the water to eat it - didn't mean to ramble but i like reading specific behaviours so i thought i'd share some i have seen - have a great day

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: hey, pat? - pathigdon, Tue Feb 8 16:35:00 2011