return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Aspidites

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Snakesunlimited1 at Sat Feb 26 12:30:32 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Snakesunlimited1 ]  

First off beautiful womas!! Are they locality specific??

For the blackhead I start my weekly feedings off by dropping in hot mouse pinks, mouse fuzzies, rat pinks and a baby quail chick (not sure if you have anything similar available in Oz as feeders) and then I feed everything else with at least 2-3 hours of things to do I give them some time. I go back in and check them and if they have fed it is usally on everything and they look like a sausage, if not I assist fed one item by getting the head of the mouse fuzzie or. Most of the pink in their mouth and hoping they swallow. The rat tails are good for this too as they can have enough in their mouth that they won't spit it out and you can leave them with maybe a pink or two as well to see if they keep eating.

If they do not eat I give them a few days and offer the same assortment again but left over night. I have not had luck with live but I don't try it often. I am not sure which food item gets them feeding but once they start they usually will take any two items offered together and eventually any one item. I tried adding BTS shed when I had them but that didn't help but I am sure some of the geckos over there could lend a shed to success...

Jason

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Aspidites - imbricata, Sun Feb 27 09:40:43 2011

<< Previous Message:  Aspidites - imbricata, Tue Feb 22 17:35:19 2011