return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Chinese false cobra care?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rear-Fanged ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lexxxx300 at Thu Mar 10 12:07:12 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lexxxx300 ]  

Currently I'm misting about 3 times a week. The humidity is pretty high. It is between 80%-90%. I keep the temps at mid to high 60's at night and day temps lower to mid 70's. I do a 12 hour day and 12 hour night time. She slows down when it is dark but is very active and comes out one the lights come on. This leads me to believe she is diurnal rather than nocturnal. She is feeding voraciously on green tree frogs. She ate 5 yesterday one after the other. She went after them like a feeding frenzy. She tried to eat the anole that was in the cage but got interupted by another frog jumping by. It reminded me of a shark frezny or monitors eating crickets. It was insane. She is incredibly active. She usually cruises around her cage all during the day and a little at night, however at night she finds a hiding spot and settles in and when the light comes on she moves about. Again these are just my experiences. These are my new favorite snake. Then again I say that about every snake....lol

I have a baby one I just picked up from Tom that he didn't know he had and it looked dehydrated so I kept it in a small tupperware with about an 1/8 of water. Since then I had fed him to frogs and he has hydrated back. I don't keep any heat on my animals. I use mulch and a soil like substance as substrate which keeps the ground damp and humidity high. Hope this helps.

Here is the tiny male I just got from Tom.

A pic of my female without flaring up. You can see the male is much more colorful.

Here is a pic of the female flaring up like a cobra and you can see the substrate. Usually the ground is much wetter than this.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Chinese false cobra care? - Rearfanged1, Thu Mar 10 12:20:47 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Chinese false cobra care? - Rearfanged1, Sun Mar 20 01:51:06 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: Chinese false cobra care? - Rearfanged1, Wed Mar 9 17:18:47 2011