return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: This Fri crocs on Fatal Attractions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crocodilians ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tomcovert at Sun Mar 13 11:45:27 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tomcovert ]  

Great more negitive media. So now more of the general population will think that we all are like that and they need bans to stop such behavure. Also i watched the episode about people that own hot snakes... I dont own any my self but my friends in the hobby that do are nothing like the girl that thought her rattle snakes or the gaboon viper that killed her have feelings and use ut ost caution around their animals (and it was ok tho to behead all of the snakes in her collection just so they could match up the fangs to her wound...bull! the wound would had been so swollen and deteriated you wouldnt beable to tell... so senceless loss of life). I dont know why discovery channel has it out for crocodilians or herps... swamp people makes me sick... yes i understand its a job and thats how some of those folk survive but when they kill the largest male in the area because its a trophy, that takes out the best genes for the breeding pool in that area. And insted of whale wars, they filmed the japanise hunting the whales the public would be in a uproar. At least when they had Steve Irwin (R.I.P.) on he made learning about crocs fun and entertaining even tho I questioned his methods sometimes. And all the shows about florida have now made people think that once our burmise pythons get over 10 foot we let them go in the everglades to eat all the "snow birds" toy dogs.
The only good that can come out of this show is maybe it will shed light on the dangers of owning crocs and not being educated. Me personally it took years of planning,research, and bribery to my old lady lol before I even commited to owning dwarf caimen and then still had issues come up.
Hopefully people will keep a open mind when watching this but I personally will be ready for more anti herp legislation.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Feeding an American Alligator - stxlatina, Mon Mar 14 00:27:25 2011
<< Previous topic:  schneiders dwarf caimen feeding question - reptastic, Wed Mar 2 21:43:50 2011