return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

is my chuckwalla a cross breed?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mart20 at Sat Mar 12 09:46:15 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mart20 ]  

Hi everyone,
I'd just like to ask you all about something I've been wondering about ever since I got my chucks about a year ago. I noticed straight away that Digit (one of my females) looked obviously different to my other female chucks, I've attached comparison pictures that I put together of the top and sides of my females heads and as you can clearly see Digit's head is much lighter in colour, you can also see in the other pictures that her belly is lighter and the spots are spaced further apart than on my others. I've also attached a picture just of Digit, on this picture you can see her eyes are also lighter in colour, they are more yellowy but the others eyes are more of a browney colour, her front legs are also lighter. Digit also has pink in her colouration, having said that poppy also seems to have a bit of pink under her eye and a bit of white on her head.

I'm just wondering what you all think to the difference in Digit? Is she just a normal chuck that just happens to have a lot of white and pink colouring from the arm pits onwards and lighter coloured eyes? Or could she be a cross breed with a san easter ban chuck or any other of the chucks?

On another post I will attach a picture of san easter ban chuck I saw on deer fern farms web site, I've cropped it to show the head as of all the pictures I've looked at on google this is pretty much the closest colouration wise I can find, although the eyes look very dark compared to Digit's.

I'd love to know what you think Digit's origins could be?, for all I know it could be normal to find chucks like this but you guys are more experienced than me so I think you'll be able to solve it for me. By the way they are all captive bred.

Thank you
Kind regards
Martin

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: is my chuckwalla a cross breed? - mart20, Sat Mar 12 09:49:07 2011 image in post