return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A few good choices for first hot?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Deathstalker at Mon Mar 21 00:10:40 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Deathstalker ]  

Steven,

Hmmm...this gives me something to consider! I have heard other negativity from a friend, and it all makes me second-think...too bad, too, because they now have the 36" stackables. I forget the manufacturer my friend is highly into, but I will find out soon and get back...grrr, on the tip of my tongue, too!

Timothy

>>I switched all mine back to 2 piece sliding fronts. Neos 1 piece are nice but they are only up to 36" then they are 2 piece. And the one piece front cages can't be lined up right next to one another or the glass bumps the cage next to it. I got rid of my drop down doors because I didn't like having to open the whole front at once. Some of my spunkier guys seemed to take that as a sign that they should make a run for it. I tried shoe boxes but felt like I had the same problem with them. Half the time they were striking at me as I popped of the top(and then your fingers are real close). I didn't like the system that didn't use tops for safty reasons. The BP and corn snake test run I gave it didn't inspire confidence. A few of them pushed their way out by flexing the box. And the added disadvantage that I didn't feel like I enjoyed the snakes as much when I couldn't see them.
>>If you are worried about putting your fingers near the edge just open it with your hook

-----
T.J. Gould

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: A few good choices for first hot? - stevenorndorff, Sun Mar 20 07:00:09 2011