return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A few good choices for first hot?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Deathstalker at Fri Mar 25 00:13:06 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Deathstalker ]  

Steven,

Surely, I'd love to direct You to some sources! The two I used to go through: Exotic Aquatic Reptile (run by Jeff Kowalsky, from MI or MN - one of the northern "M" states) and Nature Coast Exotics (Florida) aren't around anymore, but I've been eyeing http://tailsnmore.com/ which happens to have three ads up on the first page of "Live & Frozen Feeder Classified" on Kingsnake.com for:

Green Tree Frogs: $2.75/each down to $2.00/each depending on the lot You order
Brown Anoles & House Geckos: $2.25/ea. down to (DT) $1.40/ea. depending on the lot (DOTL) again

Also, there is http://www.diamondreptile.com/, which have:

Brown Anoles: $3/ea. DT $2/ea. DOTL
Green Anoles: $4/ea. DT $3/ea. DOTL (stick with Browns)
Squirrel Tree Frogs: $2.50/ea DT $2/ea DOTL
Green Tree Frogs: $3/ea. (stick with the Squirrels)

Initially 10 years ago, I used to go through http://gherp.com/ but they've raised prices slightly. It's always a good backup source, and their prices will probably drop a little as weather becomes warmer, and quantities more plentiful (but they have unlimited Brown Anoles (indicated by asterisk ( * ) for $2/ea.).

Oh, and if You sign up to Bushmaster Reptiles' weekly email list: http://www.kingsnake.com/bushmaster/weekly.html, You'll see they often have 100-lot House Geckos for...I think $0.70/ea.!! However, it's wholesale, and they require a $400 minimum order...just find a new pet or two You'd like. They're pretty reputable, going around the world themselves occasionally and cherry-picking stuff.

Well, that should get You started, and I'd give Tails 'n More a try first. It's definitely better than $6-$7/anole from Petco, eh?!

FYI, it's not so much a secret anymore that some people have become skeptical in recent years to WC feeder herps, especially when 'excessively cheap.' This is *supposedly* because they come from pesticide- and/or fertilized-treated properties where they are somehow plentiful...?! I don't know, I never had an issue with the cheapest feeders.

Timothy

>>If you can direct me to your source i would be grateful. I live in a small town so I often do have to go to petco (2 towns over) and can't find any thing better local or mail order (by the time shipping is added). In the warm months i can catch feeders but the cool months are tough. I know people say to not use wc feeders but if i buy them they are just wc by someone else.

-----
T.J. Gould

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: A few good choices for first hot? - stevenorndorff, Wed Mar 23 20:02:11 2011