return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Raccoon patrol

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: emysbreeder at Tue Apr 5 11:32:21 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by emysbreeder ]  

As requested by popular demand.....introducing Molly the 90 lb Bloodhound and Raccoone eratacator. I found her at the dog shelter at age two. They have a "play yard" you can take the dogs outside to get to know them. I placed a juvie mt. tortoise before in the yard before I took her out.(washed hands first)She ran around a few minutes then found the tortoises. She sniffed it,licked it, then went back to playing with us only to check on the tortoise when it moved. I went back in and said I'll take the bloodhound. She has never hurt the tortoises but will bark at them until I come if they are out of their normal enclosure. I take them out every now and then to test her. She has killed full grown male Raccoons and a few unfortunate opossums.(which she had to tear apart a huge tree stump to get to) She also barks and scares away Halks, Owls, and Eagles that land in the trees or post around the enclosures,that could take the smaller tortoises. Of cource my yard looks like I had a morter attack when she hears moles under ground then diggs them up. She loves people "only" if I let them in but after "the smell test" in witch you get slimmed! Vic

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Raccoon patrol - unchikun, Fri Apr 8 14:14:54 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: Raccoon patrol - amazoa, Thu Apr 14 07:25:50 2011 image in post