return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ball Python person going Dumeril...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DeHart at Mon Jun 20 07:20:31 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DeHart ]  

Almost every time I've posted on the forums I've angered the forum gods. Apparently you aren't allowed to ask questions they think you should already know the answers to, and you should never ever have an opinion of your own, or post something that is not fawning over one of their projects (or something they said). I'm not sure why they think that's the way to help people, or promote use of a forum they like to frequent.
A Dumerils would likely do well in a system used for larger boa constrictors, and perhaps you would actually get better answers on that forum, as to which brands people prefer and why. I've read on this and other forums (postings by "expert breeders"that boas (snakes in general) should not be housed in aquaria. It is my caging of choice for boa constrictors. I have plenty of room so I do not require things to be in racks, but have thought about building my own aquaria racks (shelves really). My entire reptile room is humidity and light regulated instead of individual cages, and cages have under-tank heaters or other heat when required. There's ample natural lighting through large windows, plus lighting on timers, etc. I feel that natural lighting allowed through clear caging enhances breeding efforts, particularly with species having more stringent cycling requirements. I rarely have escape issues, and it's simple to sanitize/eradicate parasites, little extra lighting is needed, and although I use these deplorable conditions (as I've heard others describe this type of caging) I am very successful at getting litters born...even as compared to many experts. Part of my point being that there can actually be more than one opinion that is correct, and bring you to your objective. If something works for you, why should you listen to other people telling you something else. And, if you don't experiment a little how will you learn anything new?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Ball Python person going Dumeril... - Bandit_1008, Sun Apr 17 19:48:41 2011